Tuesday, March 12, 2013

They call it shit law

I was told a story recently by a lawyer I do part-time contract work for. A retired judge, that I've never met, apparently always treats the lawyer whom employs me badly. They both run in the same social circle. I do not run in that social circle.  I do not know who the judge is he was talking about, and I do not care to.

I think the phrase he used to describe the judge was, “He’s always a dick to me.” 

The lawyer whom employs me went on to say that, in his opinion, some people look down on lawyers that are not civil attorneys. The lawyer whom employs me is not a civil attorney.

He asked me if I had experienced the same.

“Oh, yeah. Sure.” I said, “They call it shit law.”

“What is shit law?”

“It’s a derisive terms used to describe anything other than working at a firm. A big firm doing civil litigation and the like.”

He stood and looked at me like I just pissed in his Cheerios.

Don't hate the messenger, bro.

3 comments:

  1. The lawyer job market is GLUTTED. Who doesn't want to incur an additional $120K+, for a chance to practice toilet law?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I feel bad for you that you made the horrific decision to go to law scam just before its existence was becoming commonly known. But know this:

    Shit law is very real. It pretty much is almost all law that lies outside of biglaw. That is all. God bless.

    The great lawland Prophet, The Infamous John Bungsolaphagus. Then one who exposed the lawland, lawschool and billable hour scams. The one who predicted the downfall of law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re making a lot of great points during this blog post however it is very hard in my opinion to concentrate on this article on the complicated page design. Law tutor

    ReplyDelete