Friday, September 2, 2011

Black eyes

It was during my first semester, right after Thanksgiving break (which isn't a "break" at all), when two of my male classmates arrived back on campus with black eyes.

The first told everyone what would listen that he was the victor in the particular altercation. So, you knew right off that he had really lost. Badly, from the looks of it.

The second claimed that he had not been in a fight. He claimed to have tripped and fell, all by himself, while crossing the street. So, basically, you knew he had kicked the shit out of someone.

I later told this story to one of my wife's former coworkers at firm. The woman laughed her ass off. 

Then she apologized to me about how law school was "full of douchebags."

Yeah. Pretty much.

No comments:

Post a Comment