Saturday, September 3, 2011

The aspiring models

Two of my classmates had professional photographs of themselves taken during law school. They sat in front of me, in different classes and different semesters, but the story is the same. Each sat in her chair clicking through image after image on her laptop. All of herself. Headshot, full torso, standing, sitting, leaning against a wall, staring blankly through an open doorway, attempt at conveying emotion, looking off-camera left, and looking off-camera right, with smile, without smile, pursed lips. Click, click, click.

Yes, each selected one of the images of herself for her desktop wallpaper.

Need I mention neither of these girls is what I’d refer to as a head turner? They both looked like ten miles of bad road.

It was awful. I couldn’t look at it, and I couldn’t look away. It was like a traffic accident. God, I shudder even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment