Thursday, July 9, 2015

2015 at the halfway point

Seems I recall this blog exists and become motivated to post an update around July. No idea why.

I hit in the $70k range last year. On track to do it again, if I can hold it together for the rest of the year. I've been at a small firm for a year and half. It's been pretty limited, actually. Not much room to grow, learn new things, etc.  All the usual complaints we've all heard before. If you want to improve your situation, you must do so yourself.

I'm looking at new things, keeping an eye on the job postings, speaking with attorneys about short-term contacts and small projects. Anything to turn a buck. I've got two kids and a house payment. That's all the motivation I need to stay in the grind.

Am I making it? Yes, Crux is making it. For now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I make an effort to check the other scamblogs and news to see if any law schools have closed, particularly the one I attended. I think that speaks volumes.

Best of luck to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Attending law school now, especially the toilets, is a fool's errand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you surpass your goal!
    It's sad that 70k is such a reach for attorneys to make these days.

    ReplyDelete